Brands need to be increasingly smart in creating strategies that not only maintain the loyalty of their existing customers, but also help them attract new ones. In this context, content marketing has been recognized as indispensable.
The phrase “content is king” has never been more valid. Brands have an obligation to focus on delivering more valuable and relevant content that provides more than just product or service features. Content must generate satisfaction and be useful and of high quality in order to interact with potential customers.
As the CEO of a social media marketing and PR agency, I have a few techniques that will demonstrate the importance of content marketing and teach brands how to get started on their own:
Content Marketing: What is it for?
What was highlighted at the beginning of this article shows that content marketing is becoming more and more essential for brands. Indeed, it offers the possibility of producing and transmitting the information that the public needs.
However, some brands still don’t see content marketing as a crucial part of their marketing strategies. They might not realize that its usefulness is proven in different aspects, such as:
1. Attract prospects: From my point of view, content marketing is undoubtedly the main ally of digital marketing. The latter aims to attract potential customers, and content marketing is the ideal strategy for this. By receiving relevant, quality and free content, people’s attention will be focused on the information. In the content, it is possible to include calls to action, which will help generate more potential customers.
2. Generate interactions: As mentioned, content marketing goes beyond just presenting a product. It’s about generating a conversation with a potential customer based on good information. This will gradually increase their trust in the brand. And subsequently, they will be more likely to become a customer. After all, the content gave them what they needed in the moment.
3. Ensure loyalty: When you’re consistent with delivering relevant, high-quality content, the customer won’t need to look elsewhere. It is necessary to retain existing customers while taking care of the same content marketing strategy to attract new prospects.
4. Create a good image: By generating the right content to answer audience questions, generate conversations or solve certain problems, the brand shows its experience and knowledge in the field in which it operates. This will give you a stable image and ensure that prospects focus on the products or services you offer because they will perceive the brand as providing the right information at the right time.
5. Learn from customers: There’s no better way to get to know a customer than through interaction. Content marketing provides the tools and opportunities to complete this process. This way, you will better understand what users need and know how to offer it.
However, despite the usefulness of content marketing, it is important to know how to execute this strategy the right way.
Content Marketing: How to do it successfully?
While it’s not a straightforward process, it’s worth giving content marketing a place within the brand. These techniques will help you do this in the most efficient way possible:
1. Define your goal. You need to define your target audience to determine what content to develop. You can’t start the content creation process if you don’t know who to target because the information won’t have the intended effect.
2. Select your basic content. Start with basic content, such as long-form content, audio or video, and containing relevant and valuable information that can be extracted. Every piece of content that has been passed around and performed well can be repurposed to reach new leads.
3. Repurpose that content in small ways. Once the basic content is selected, use the information to design different formats to help convey the information (eg images, quotes, stories, GIFs, memes, articles, etc.). Breaking up the best information into smaller pieces of content will help you expand reach and reach more potential customers.
4. Distribute correctly. Once you have the necessary pieces, it’s time to distribute them on the various communication channels, including social networks and blogs, among others. Use this distribution to draw attention to the main content.
5. Collect data. After this process, collect information on the most relevant formats for the audience. From this information, create more content related to what resonated with your audience the most.
This cycle will allow you to generate more interaction with your audience and create content of real value that delivers the expected results.