Do you want to be part of a founding marketing team of a FinTech start-up that will break all molds? The PayPal and Playstation veterans are set to launch a product that will bring financial access and simplicity to the people who need it most.
Nirvana Technology (nirvana.tech) is a stealth-mode financial technology startup with a launch date in the first half of 2022. We’re building a digital service including a credit card – plus checking, savings, and lending features installment payments – combined into a single, versatile master account.
We are already fully funded and you can participate in the downstairs stock option plan, be part of building our organization and influencing the vision of our company. This is truly a golden opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity to create, take risks, learn and make an immediate impact. It sounds a bit like Nirvana.
About the role:
As the Senior Manager, Marketing Automation, you will be a key member of Nirvana’s marketing team and will report directly to the CMO. You thrive in execution-focused roles, have strong business acumen and identify operational improvements. You are a data-driven team player responsible for managing the strategy, execution and cross-channel experimentation of our email, SMS and push notification programs. You are a growth hacker in your own right and find yourself in automation tools like Braze or Iterable.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage multi-part marketing campaigns with emails, push notifications, SMS and in-app messages, to engage existing customers throughout their lifecycle
- Identify creative ways to unlock use cases and business opportunities within the technology stack and data infrastructure
- Work with internal teams to triage requests, gather requirements, and then drive the development process, including configuration and build, QA, deployment, and measurement
- Own weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for everything related to marketing automation
- Have a clear understanding of the customer database in order to build accurate and personalized automated journeys, including advanced segmentation, automation triggering and cross-channel message execution
- Support our testing program by setting up advanced multivariate experiments
- Work with our creative team to create new designs and test new creative elements
- Collaborate with the extended Nirvana team to meet customer communication needs
- Deploy retention strategies to limit customer churn and expand retention
- Stay on top of regulatory requirements and adhere to data governance standards to ensure everything is compliant
To be successful in this role, it would be helpful if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing and automation operations, 3+ years in Braze or Iterable (required)
- Advanced understanding of email marketing and operational automation strategies (push notifications, automated funnel optimization, campaign planning and execution, etc.)
- Proven approach to experimentation
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, SQL, Excel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-growth team, with the ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects
- Exceptional team player – the role requires cooperation with your team members and other departments and roles at Nirvana
- Strong communication skills – very good command of spoken and written English
Our founding CEO, industry pioneer Bill Harris, launched eight other fintech companies, including Personal Capital and PayPal. Additionally, our founding leadership team and advisors include industry veterans who have built other pioneering fintechs. The team attributes much of its past success to the employees it has been able to hire, develop and retain while fostering a growth mindset within its organizations. We are committed to doing the same at Nirvana and are excited to hire for critical positions to join our founding team.
Bold, passionate, creative thinkers and risk takers excel at Nirvana. Curious individuals with a desire to discover and learn. We have some really new ideas, but we know we need a diverse team to make it happen. We want individuals to join us in taking risks in the products we set out to build and bring to market. Individuals who are both strategists, leaders and individual contributors who thrive in start-up companies where everyone wears a collection of hats and enjoys doing it.
If you want to know more, do not hesitate to apply for the position and we will contact you! We appreciate your interest in Nirvana.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and encouraging these values in all of our team members. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), national origin , age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military status and veteran status and any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion of people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.