Stem exists to help artists navigate the business behind their music. We reduce complexity, create clarity and provide more opportunities for artists to exercise control over their finances. Artists and labels on our platform have clear visibility into their royalty income, and our insights allow them to decide for themselves how their hard-earned money flows. They can easily manage separations with collaborators or access artist-friendly advancements that scale their operations with no strings attached.
We are building the modern financial platform for the music industry and we are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help us.
About content marketing at Stem:
Stem’s marketing team brings our brand to life by shaping our visual identity, sharpening our voice, finding our audience and communicating our values everywhere we go in the world.
Content marketing is an essential part of our brand marketing strategy. We act as strategic storytellers, creating stories that build awareness of Stem in the market, highlight our customer needs, and demonstrate the power of our solutions. Content marketing works across channels like social media, email, editorials, and videos to deliver compelling messages that can reach our audience wherever they are. They partner with the rest of marketing to create campaigns that drive key metrics, and they support our client team with a steady pace of in-market Stem awareness.
As a Content Marketing Manager at Stem, you’ll take ownership of how our brand tells our story. You will develop a strategy on how we engage on different social media platforms and work with a designer to create the right assets. You will create content for our blog and edit the work of freelance writers on other long-running editorial projects. You will write scripts and storyboard animations and video content for product launches, and you will write emails that will provide valuable insights to our customers.
This role is the primary Content Marketing lead for Stem and will have additional opportunities to shape the function, impact our culture and set the tone for how we grow the team.
This role is full-time and fully remote, with occasional in-person meetings in Los Angeles for which we cover out-of-town employee travel/accommodation.
Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven and collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including seasoned professionals from Spotify, UTA, Hired and Apple Music. Our group of investors and strategic advisors includes former Venmo COO Michael Vaughan, Carta CEO Henry Ward, co-founder and COO of Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty), Kevin “Coach K” Lee, and QED Investors partner Frank Rotman. Our employees include musicians, parents, activists, artists, etc. We are united by our shared values, our commitment to exceptional partnership, and our fierce belief in Stem’s mission.
What you will do:
- Define audiences and develop a messaging strategy to reach them across multiple channels, including social media, our blog, and email
- Manage an editorial calendar that supports our product roadmap and other business initiatives
- Recruit, manage and edit freelance writers, designers and creatives to assist in the production of larger-scale works
- Propose a methodology to measure impact and partner with an analytics team to create reports
- Collaborate with analytics teams to create research reports for internal audiences
- Stay on top of industry trends and recommend ways Stem can participate
- Champion our brand in public spaces and champion high quality creative work in all areas
Our ideal candidate has:
- You have at least 3 years of professional experience in content marketing, social media, brand marketing or a related field.
- You have a proven track record as a creative, delivering compelling work that sparks conversations and drives behavior.
- You’ve created content for B2B marketing efforts and are excited about the opportunity to speak to a professional audience. Bonus points if
- You have worked in media, entertainment or another creative industry.
- You can write a brief that motivates creative teams and pushes them in the right direction.
- You have a network of creative professionals you can call on for projects.
- You have strong project management skills.
- You are as comfortable in strategic conversations as in the production of work.
- Don’t match all the skills listed? Almost no one does! Do you think you’re a good fit anyway? Please let us know.
- Competitive compensation including equity for all full-time employees.
- We maintain salary bands for all careers to ensure fair wages across the company.
- 100% of premiums covered for employee medical, dental and vision care (60% for dependents)
- Business 401(k) matches up to 4%.
- Unlimited paid leave
- Life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Excellent parental leave policies
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer, and more than that, actively strives to build and nurture a diverse, inclusive and equitable team. We celebrate differences and select shared values over cultural fit. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment.**