Content marketing builds trust and brand image.
Delivering engaging, engaging, on-brand, and subtly persuasive content on a regular basis is no easy task.
You need to test a variety of methods to find the perfect formula to reach a wider audience.
Skills Required to Thrive in Content Marketing
Content marketing is constantly evolving.
Video is now the most used format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics.
Here are some of the skills you will need to get started in content marketing:
- Planning, content creation and proofreading
- Find a unique yet professional voice
- Understand the latest marketing techniques
- Production of videos, infographics and blogs
- Primary and secondary research
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and keywords
- Industry Overview and Trusted Sources
- Know your audience and competitors
Important Content Marketing Statistics
84% of businesses have a content marketing strategy.
51% of businesses would rate their content marketing strategy as “good” in 2020.
46% of companies would qualify the maturity of their content marketing strategy as “promising”.
Nearly 40% of businesses say content marketing is a very important part of their overall marketing strategy.
79% of organizations agree that “generating more quality leads” is a top goal they plan to achieve through content marketing.
75% of businesses say SEO is the most effective content marketing tactic they implement.
61% of companies say that updating and repurposing content is an effective tactic implemented.
Creating blog content is a top priority for 53% of marketers.
70% of organizations are actively investing in content marketing.
24% of companies plan to increase their investments in content marketing.
61% of businesses measure content marketing ROI.
Principles to follow for a successful content marketing campaign
1. Be honest and transparent. Diversify your tactics.
2. Educate your audience with new information. This will help you outwit your competitors.
3. Focus on editorial quality. This will generate long-term trust.
4. Be clear about what you are trying to accomplish.
5. Collaborate with other brands to build credibility.
Content marketing has changed since its inception, and it looks likely to change even faster in the coming years thanks to the increased attention given to it by today’s digital marketers.
By knowing your strengths and weaknesses, understanding costs and trends, and leveraging technology, you can set yourself up for success.